Friday, August 20, 2010

Clam Beach Sabbath


I don’t have access to the kind of math
that would make my finances work.
Perhaps I can’t afford it.

Despite the posture of my upside-down house,
I can’t seem to shake any “change” out of it.

But still, here I am
at the edge of the vast Pacific,
Where the lowering sun casts shadows of mountains
from molehills,
And my children dance with the sea,
And everything is alright.

©2009 Bob Mason

The picture is from the Sabbath day that inspired this poem.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is good to reflect on what is really important. Finances and housing can be stressful, but when you kids are happy and loved - life is good. :)

    We have a seminar in Ukiah late winter. We hope to see you guys when we drive through.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've been to that windy beach, LaVonne. It would be great to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete