Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've Got the Blue

Oh baby!
      I’ve got the blue.

You heard it right,
No ‘s’ on this blue.
      ‘s’ for sad,
           ‘s’ for someday . . . please.

I’ve got THE blue,
       yes, THAT blue.

Brilliant, electric,

Never sucking
        but always adding light
                to the room,
                     to the view,
                             to you.

The blue shining up
       from Crater Lake's edge,

The blue that promises
       Your movie
             is about
                   to begin.

Oh yes baby,
      I’ve got
           that blue.

©2012 Bob Mason

2 comments:

  1. I've been working my way though depression lately...this poem brought help and a laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, I never thought it could help anybody, but I'm so glad it did. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete